Sunday, May 16, 2010

May Flowers, Finches, Fruits and Veggies

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I've been slacking a bit on the blog, partly because I took up running. I have still been reading your blogs and will get back to more regularly commenting soon - promise!
Here are some snapshots of what's happening in our yard/garden in mid-May.
We've had a sudden influx of house finches:

Hydrangeas are starting to bloom:

My lone (but reliable) amaryllis:

Blueberries are plumping up:

Lamb's Ears are blooming:


Today's harvest: a handful of sugar snap peas (probably the next to last harvest), a few strawberries, and the first harvest of green beans:

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Dig, Grow, Compost, Blog said...

Your harvest looks great! I'm eagerly awaiting blueberries. Shouldn't be long now. Ginger, I'm also surprised my lettuce has survived this long, given the hot spring we've had. The lettuce has been getting somewhat bitter but I kind of like that taste. :-)

Your hydrangea is really gorgeous. I wish I had more beds for them (although I don't like how they wilt in the summer!). But you can't beat their look.

Susie said...

With the exception of your green beans, your harvest looks exactly like mine. I'm steaming my peas tonight. Should be tasty.

Randy Emmitt said...

Ginger,
Green beans already, wow! I picked a ceral bowl full of Sugar Snap Peas yesterday myself. And 2 quarts of sour cherries, come and enjoy the two cherry cobblers we have in the fridge!

Lisa Blair said...

Wow - green beans already? Awesome! Your hydrangea photo is great. Mine are beginning to bloom, too. I am going to cut some to bring inside this evening. I'll try to get some photos, too.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Your garden is really far ahead of ours here. Our blueberries and strawberries still have the flowers and the peas are just getting going.
This is the second blog I've seen a Hydrangea blooming on today, I can't wait to see them here.

tina said...

Your garden looked at about the same stage as mine until you got to the green beans. Wow! They look yummy and ready to eat-very early too I think.