Sunday, May 3, 2009

Katherine's garden in May

Since y'all enjoyed my last post about Katherine's garden in her absence so much, here is an update for y'all (and her!) for May: The hosta in the middle is so huge and lush. Can I divide that?? The rest, clockwise from the top left corner: confederate star jasmine is blooming and smells divine. Lantana is just starting to bloom. The first balloon flower is about to bust open. Pale pink and white shrub roses are blooming as if they have been lavished with care! The yard is dotted with pinky-purple clover blossoms.
Just about all she has to do to this yard when she returns next month is dead-head! Lucky girl to have inherited a gardener's yard!

5 comments:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

She is lucky! I love the smell of star jasmine! I usually divide hosta in early spring, although I've been known to divide plants practically year round. She will be happy to see all these flowers.

Susie said...

I love big lush hostas! I have little or no shade so I don't grow them. I did good to find a place for my Limelight hydrangea.

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

How lucky you both are. You getting to enjoy her garden. Her to have you to look after it while she is gone.

Dirt Princess said...

You are so sweet! Katherine is lucky to have a good friend like you! You can divide that hosta...divide it and send me a piece!!! LOL!!!

Ginger said...

Catherine - thanks for the dividing tip!

Susie - I love them, too. Katherine's is growing in a sunnier spot than I would have thought it could thrive in!

Debbi - thanks, you're sweet!

Dirt Princess - LOL! looks like I'll be back down your way for work in June, so maybe I'll pot some up and bring it!!